Delays and flight cancellations really aren’t ideal – like really not ideal.
But that’s life – these things do happen, so below is an overview on what expect at check-in and when flights get cancelled and delayed.
Ensure you have plenty of time to check in and get through security. Save yourself time and money by checking in online, buying your bags online during the online check-in and printing your boarding passes at home. Read more below…
- Unless you have checked in online, all check-in and baggage drop-off will be done at the Flair posted ticket counter in the common ticket counter area of each airport.
- All guests over 18 must provide photo ID showing name, age and birth date (proof of age is required for those under 18, including infants).
- It is the responsibility of the passenger to provide the appropriate ID and documentation, and Flair will not be responsible for denied entry.
- Check-in will open three hours prior to scheduled departure and guests should be through security at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Anyone with special needs should arrive at least 1–½ hours before departure (see Special Services). The check-in counter closes 60 minutes prior to departure.
- Flair is not responsible for bags missing a flight due to late check-in (see Baggage Services). Customers arriving at the departure gate less than 15 minutes before departure may be denied boarding with no compensation for missing the flight.
- For up-to-date information on Airport Security please go to our Security & Safety page or consult www.tc.gc.ca and www.catsa-acsta.gc.ca.
Flight cancellations and delays
If a delay occurs due to weather or some other activity beyond Flair’s control, the flight will proceed when the situation is resolved or passengers can request a confirmed reservation for the next available flight that is operated by Flair, and is travelling on any reasonable air route from the same airport to the destination that is indicated on the passenger’s original ticket. Flair will assume no liability (e.g. hotel costs, food vouchers, etc.) for these types of delays.
If your flight is cancelled or delayed for at least two hours, you may be entitled to certain standards of treatment and compensation under the Air Passenger Protection Regulations. For more information about your passenger rights you can review Flair’s simplified Terms & Conditions, Its Tariff or visit the Canadian Transportation Agency’s website.
You will be kept informed of delays at the departure gate by verbal announcements, on the airport flight schedule boards, by the electronic method of communication you selected when purchasing your ticket or you can contact us at (780) 809-1784.
For more information about Air Passenger Protection Regulations, click here.
Delays while on board the aircraft
If passengers are already on the aircraft when a delay occurs, the carrier will offer non-alcoholic beverages and snacks if it is safe, practical and timely to do so. If the delay exceeds 90 minutes and circumstances permit, the carrier will offer the passenger the option of disembarking from the aircraft until it is time to depart.
If you have any questions, please contact one of our Flair Customer Service Representatives at (780) 809-1784